The outstanding sensitivity, opto-mechanical performance, robustness and intuitive software of the SX20 stopped-flow system has made it the preferred choice for researchers across the world. Speed together with a choice of mixing and detection options, offer maximum productivity in steady state and kinetic studies. A comprehensive range of accessories, including sequential mixing, fluorescence polarization and photodiode array detection, further expand the capabilities of this well-recognized product range.
- Ultra-stable Xenon light source suitable for all absorbance and fluorescence applications
- Programmable monochromator enabling acquisition of time-resolved absorbance spectra and steady-state spectral acquisition
- Optimised detectors for fluorescence and absorbance kinetics with no reconfiguration required when switching between these techniques
- Unique lower inner filtering / high sensitivity cell designs
- Low dead-time, low volume requirement
- ProData acquisition, display and analysis software (unlimited seats)
- Large range of upgrade options
- for SX20 – 150W Xe – ozone-free (Standard) / 150W Xe – ozone-producing (optional) / 150W Hg-Xe lamp (optional)
- for SX20-LED – LED power supply with one or more LED light sources
Lamp Ignition: Safe start
- for SX20 – Fully programmable diffraction grating Symmetrical Czerny-Turner
- for SX20-LED – N/A
- for SX20 – <0.001AU peak-to-peak over any time range between 10ms and 1000s
- for SX20-LED – ~ 0.0001AU over any time range
- for SX20 – Optimised absorbance and fluorescence photomultiplier detectors
- for SX20-LED – Optimised absorbance and/or fluorescence photomultiplier detector
Cell Volume (in the light path): 20µL (standard) / 5µL (option)
- for 20µL cell: 1.1ms
- for 5µL cell: 0.5ms
Automatic dead-time measurement: Yes
Optical pathlength (absorbance):
- for 20µL cell: 10mm and 2mm
- for 5µL cell: 5mm and 1mm
Optical pathlength (fluorescence):
- for 20µL cell: 5.5mm and 1.5mm
- for 5µL cell: 3mm and 1mm
Minimum Drive Volume (per syringe per drive):
- for 20µL cell: 40µL and 30µL with option SX/NRV
- for 5µL cell: 40µL and 20µL with option SX/NRV
Dead volume (volume held in loading valve): <30μL
Priming Volume: ~150μL per flow line
Temperature range: +60°C to -20°C. Extendable to +80°C with option SX/HT.
Main accessories: Sequential mixing, dual fluorescence, fluorescence polarisation (anisotropy), quench-flow, short dead-time cell, emission monochromator, anaerobic options and glove box interface, ProKIV global kinetic analysis and data simulation software.
Accessories (SX20 only): Photodiode array detection, deuterium (PDA) light source, 2nd monochromator for far-UV kinetics, steady state sample housing. LED power supply.
- SX/SQ Sequential-Mixing Accessory
- SX/PDA Photodiode Array Detector
- SX/UV Boosted Deuterium Light Source
- SX/DF Dual Fluorescence Detection
- SX/FP Fluorescence Polarisation/Anisotropy
- SX/SM Scanning Emission Monochromator
- SX/AM Scanning Monochromator (far-UV) and photometric accuracy
- SX/AN Anaerobic Accessory
- SX/RC5 5µL Volume Low Dead-Time Cell
- SX/QFA Quench-Flow Adapter
- SX/ProK II ProKIV Global Kinetic Analysis Software
The SX20 includes everything required for highly sensitive fluorescence, light scattering and absorbance kinetics.
The versatility of the SX20 makes it an ideal choice for a wide variety of stopped-flow applications as well as instruments intended for use by several research groups. It has photomultiplier detectors optimised for both absorbance and fluorescence detection and a xenon light source that is stable to within 0.001AU over any time range up to 1000s. Switching between absorbance and fluorescence detection is always straightforward with no realignment or optimisation required (e.g. cell changing) and for dual channel instruments, a single mouse-click in the control software is all that is required. A fully programmable monochromator is included as standard, enabling UV-Vis scanning and automated acquisition of multi-wavelength kinetic data sets (time-resolved spectra) by the point-by-point method.
The standard 20µl volume cell has a dead-time of 1.1ms and optical pathlengths of 10mm and 2mm for absorbance, and 1.5mm and 5.5mm for fluorescence (the lower pathlength is particularly useful for minimising the inner filter effect without compromising sensitivity). Stopped-flow cells are rapidly interchangeable and shorter dead-time cells are available.
Other standard features include automatic deadtime and drive volume measurement.
Instruments are supplied with the powerful ProData control and analysis software and a PC running Windows 7 with USB communication to the instrument.
- AppNote LED Light Sources for Stopped-Flow.pdf
- AppNote SF Calcium cation kinetics of Calmodulin.pdf
- AppNote SF Fluoresence Polarization.pdf
- AppNote SF FRET.pdf
- Determination of Enzyme Kinetics Using Stopped-Flow Spectroscopy.pdf (Application note)
- SX20 brochureRUS.pdf (Подробное описание прибора на русском языке)