ImageXpress Micro Confocal
Micro Confocal system is a high-content solution that can switch between widefield and confocal imaging of fixed and live cells. It can capture high quality images of whole organisms, thick tissues, 2D and 3D models, and cellular or intracellular events. The spinning disc confocal and sCMOS camera enable imaging of fast and rare events like cardiac cell beating and stem cell differentiation. With the MetaXpress software, the system enables many confocal imaging applications from 3D assay development to screening.
High-content imaging solution with proprietary spinning disc confocal
Acquire higher quality images
Capture excellent contrast, high resolution images with our proprietary AgileOptix spinning disc confocal technology, wide field of view, and bright light source.
Customize image acquisition and analysis
Take ultimate control over acquisition and analysis parameters, which enables many applications from 3D structure analysis to targeted imaging of specific objects within an organism or cell populations.
Analyze more data in less time
MetaXpress PowerCore software accelerates analysis speed in a high-throughput environment. The software distributes image processing jobs to a multi-CPU environment.
Exclusive AgileOptix spinning disc confocal
The technology provides increased sensitivity with custom optics, high-powered, solid state light engines, and sCMOS technology. Swappable disc geometries provide flexibility between speed and resolution.
Wide field of view
Wide field of view enables whole-well confocal imaging and eliminates missed targets.
Optional on-board robotic fluidics
For assays that involve compound addition, well washing, and media exchange, optional on-board robotic fluidics are available.
Accurate 3D measurements
MetaXpress 3D analysis module is optimized for confocal imaging, enabling 3D measurements of volume and distance.
Multiple imaging modes
The system offers phase contrast and brightfield label-free imaging, fluorescence, widefield, colorimetric, and confocal imaging.
- High-speed laser autofocus with integrated image autofocus option
- Linear encoded voice coil driven X, Y, and Z stages with < 100 nm resolution
- 4-position automated objective changer*
- 5-position software selectable dichroic filter wheel*
- 8-position software selectable emission filter wheel*
- Sample compatibility: slides and one to 1536-well microplates, round or flat bottom, low to high profile
AgileOptix Optical Path
AgileOptix technology enables the ImageXpress Micro Confocal system to deliver the sensitivity and throughput needed for demanding applications by combining a powerful solid-state light engine, high-quantum efficiency 16-bit scientific CMOS sensor and selectable confocal geometries.
Large field of view (1.96 mm2 at 10X) imaging to maximize collection of publication quality images and statistically relevant data >3 log dynamic range in both widefield and confocal modes
Confocal can be purchased in one of the following 3 configurations:
- Single-disk configuration with 60 μm confocal pinhole and widefield modes
- High-throughput dual disk configuration with 60 μm confocal pinhole, unique and exclusive 50 μm slit confocal and widefield modes
- High-resolution dual disk configuration with 60 μm and 42 μm confocal pinholes and widefield modes
- Multi-day, live cell time-lapse imaging
- Provides appropriate atmospheric conditions (e.g. 5% or 10% CO2)
- Mimics physiological environment (30–40 °C ± 0.5 °C)
- Controls humidity and minimizes evaporation (0.5 μL/well/hour for 96- or 384-well formats)
- High contrast imaging where unstained cells are easily viewed or separated from background (4X–60X)
- Ideal for non-fluorescent histochemically stained samples
- Nikon 100W Pillar Diascopic Illuminator with TE-C ELWD Condenser
- 0.3 NA with 65 mm WD and PhL, Ph1, and Ph2 selectable phase rings
- Fluorophore-independent morphology visualization with fluorescent imaging overlay
- Single-channel pipettor
- Dispense volumes from 3 μL to 200 μL (±1 μL; ±5%)
- Compatible with 96- or 384-well format FLIPR System pipette tips
- Holds two plates for compound addition or media exchange
- Optional plate heating
- Environmental control
AgileOptix Technology at the heart of the ImageXpress Micro Confocal System
Software-selectable configurations right for your research
The ImageXpress Micro Confocal System features AgileOptix Spinning Disk Technology. Our optical options make it easy to select and configure your system to ensure the best read for your assay.
ImageXpress Micro Confocal High-Content Imaging System Flyer
High-throughput imaging assays using zebrafish, a model organism for human disease
Monitoring BNP expression and cell size
Nuclear Translocation Screening Assay for ß-catenin modulators
Multiplexed high content hepatotoxicity assays using iPSC-derived hepatocytes
Intellligent time-lapse imaging to enhance live cell assay development
High-content screening of neuronal toxicity using iPSC-derived human neurons
Increase accuracy and efficiency of cytotoxicity assessment using the EarlyTox Live/Dead Assay Kit and high-content imaging